Welcome to Banner Limited privacy notice.
Banner Limited respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Banner Ltd collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you sign up to our marketing communications, purchase a product or download any gated content.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
Banner Limited is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as “Banner”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice). We have appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the DPO using the details set out below.
Our full details are: Full name of legal entity: Banner Limited Company Number: 07464584 Postal address: Banner Limited, Kennet Way, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 8BL Email address: email@example.com DPO Officer: Dean Plant Telephone number: 0333 7000 888
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE AND YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
1. ABOUT US
We are Banner Ltd, a limited company registered in England and Wales (Company No 07464584) with its head office at Banner Limited, Kennet Way, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 8BL Banner designs, supplies, distributes quality schoolwear, with a rich heritage and vast experience in clothing manufacturing.
2. THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together.
We process your personal data primarily on the basis of Legitimate Interest as a business but only if necessary for the purpose we collected it for. We will also process data on the basis of contractual and transactional obligation where necessary. We may process your data for:
- Sales and marketing communications such as phone calls, emails and other types of communications
- Financial communication
- To perform obligations under a contract with you or a business you may work for
We will only store your data, for as long as we need it to undertake any of the processes listed above We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with garments). In this case, we may have to cancel an order you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
3. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We only collect the information that’s necessary to carry out our business, provide the particular service or services that you’ve requested, and to keep you informed of our latest offerings, promotions, marketing communications, upcoming events and company updates. Furthermore, we may also collect, store and use data on the following:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (these are information about your browser, your IP address, your general location as determined from your IP address and provided by your browser, the site from which you come, and the links followed when leaving our site). This information is also collected through cookies
- When you register and voluntarily provide information in response to marketing activities or download brochures, flyers or to register for news updates, enter competitions, book appointments or request updated product and range information (this includes your name, email address, and any other details asked for and which you provide).
When you conduct activities on our site (for example, when you purchase a product or service we record what you purchased etc.) we may collect your name and contact details, details of your subscription to our services and any other information that you choose to send/share to us.
4. WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND HOW WE USE IT
The personal information we hold on you will be used in a number of ways: to provide a service you have requested, to understand your business requirements better, to inform you of upcoming events, services that we provide; or to contact you if we need to obtain or provide extra information. We also use this information to promote and market our products. For example, if we collect your Personal Information when you visit our website and do not sign up for any of the Service, we may send you an email inviting you to sign up. If you use any of our Services or website and we think you might benefit from using another part of our Service we offer, we may send you an email about that. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the opt-out link included in every email we send.
Other areas we use the information we collect in the following ways:
- Administer the website;
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have agreed to this, by email or similar technology;
- To provide suggestions to you. This includes adding features that compare customers’ email campaigns, or using data to suggest products or services that you may be interested in or that may be relevant to you.
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users - note that this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website; and
- Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us
- We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please Contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in Section 4 above.
- Internal Third Parties (For example: To complete required services, such as product transfers or upgrades). - External Third Parties (For example: Service providers for our products). - Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6. HOW WE HANDLE YOUR INFORMATION AND OTHER ORGANISATIONS
Banner Ltd will never share, sell, rent or trade your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent.
Some of our partners may have access to your data in order to perform services on our behalf. We make sure that anyone who provides a service on behalf of Banner enters into an agreement with us and meets our standards for data security. They will not use your data for anything other than the defined purpose relating to the service.
In addition to the above, we may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
7. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
We share your personal data within Banner Ltd and to external service providers where necessary. This may involve transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
8. DATA SECURITY
Banner Ltd is committed to protecting the personal information you entrust to us. We adopt robust and appropriate technologies and policies, so the information we have about you is protected from unauthorised access and improper use.
We have put in place various security procedures. For example, our security and privacy policies are reviewed and enhanced as necessary.
We use secure server software to encrypt financial information you input before it is sent to us, and our database is hosted in a secure data centre. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur, we use our best efforts to prevent this.
9. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND RIGHT TO USE
By using our website, you consent to the collection and use of information by Banner Ltd. You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of the website shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us or our licensors. You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within the website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may download any such material and content only onto one computer hard drive for such purpose. Any other use of the material and content of the Website is strictly prohibited. You agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
9. DATA RETENTION
How long will you hold my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
After three years (36 months), if you have not engaged with our communications, we will remove your personally identifiable information from our databases.
We will continue to store limited information about the client (including transaction records) for up to 7 years for accounting, record keeping and administrative purposes. If we consider there is a need to store records for longer (for example, the transaction has been the subject of a dispute or claim) then we will retain the data for as long as is necessary.
10. YOUR RIGHTS
You should find it easy to access and amend the personal information that we hold on you, or request that we stop contacting you. It’s your data and we want to make sure you are in control of it.
If you wish to amend your personal details with us you can do this by contacting us by phone, email or writing to us.
Every email we send to you will include details on how to change your communications preferences or unsubscribe from future communications.
If you would like to see what information we hold about you, you can request full details of personal information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998, or after 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), by contacting us. Please send a description of the information you would like to see, together with proof of your identity to firstname.lastname@example.org At any time, you have the right to ask Banner Ltd to amend or stop how it uses your personal information including for marketing purposes.